Community Rebuilding GrantA
NAR is committed to leading the way on policies that address racial injustice and that build safe and inclusive communities. Our new Community Rebuilding Grant provides special funding for REALTOR® Associations to lead efforts to rebuild and restore public community places impacted by the recent racial injustice demonstrations.
Apply for up to $3,000 to clean-up and repair public community spaces such as parks, playgrounds, pedestrian plazas, walk-ways/sidewalks and buildings including graffiti.
Funds received can be used for gloves, masks, paint, sponges, paint brushes, cleaning supplies, building and repair materials, tools, replacement benches/playground equipment, and day-of-clean-up meal for REALTOR® clean-up crew.
A maximum of one grant is awarded per year per association. However, associations may split the funding up among several communities.
See how one REALTOR® Association used the Grant to revive a beloved park.
The online application can be submitted at anytime through November 15, 2020 with decisions announced approximately one week later after being reviewed by NAR staff. All projects must be completed by December 31, 2020.
Within one month of the community rebuild project completion, the following needs to be submitted:
- Email photo(s) of the completed project to Holly Moskerintz.
- Submit the evaluation form which will outline the impact of the project.
Disbursement of Funds
The request for reimbursement must be made by December 31, 2020. Funds will be distributed as follows:
- Request reimbursement via email to Holly Moskerintz.
- Electronic transfer of funds will be made to your association’s bank account. Please complete the ACH form.
- Submit proof of how funds were spent.
- Acceptable forms of proof include an invoice, signed contract, receipts, and cancelled checks.
- Submit the Grant Reimbursement Form.
- Once all documentation is received, NAR will process the reimbursement request. It usually takes 10-15 working days for the check to be processed.
Questions? Contact Holly Moskerintz at 202-383-1157.
I'm excited NAR is helping to provide additional resources that REALTORS® can use to be a part of the healing and rebuilding process within our communities. I am encouraging our young REALTORS® to get involved in their communities and provide input into plans that allow us to be in the midst of the solution. As we fulfill our commitment to be part of the overall solution, the Community Rebuilding Grant is a great first step.Zeke Morris,
2020 REALTOR® Party
Community Engagement Liaison