Smart Growth Grant – Level 1A
For Level-1 Grants
- The maximum Level-1 grant is $1,500.
- There is a limit per association of ONE Level-1 grant per year.
- The final application deadline is October 1st.
- Projects supported by a Level-1 grant must be completed within six months of the notification of award.
- Grants may only be used to fund speaker/instructor fees and travel expenses.
- Grants are paid by reimbursement after your project is complete by submitting proof of expenditure. (receipts, invoices, signed contracts)
- Requests for reimbursement must be accompanied by the self evaluation form.
Purpose: To provide seed funding to enable a state or local association to make the initial efforts to engage local land use public policy issues with other stakeholders and/or elected officials. Such projects should lead to development guided by smart growth principles.