FPC Meritorious Service Award
Federal Political Coordinators (FPCs) are a special group of 535 appointed REALTORS® who are a critical part of NAR’s political advocacy efforts on Capitol Hill. The lasting relationships FPCs forge with their legislators makes them the face and voice of real estate in their respective districts—and our most effective advocates with Members of Congress.
Each year, we recognize two FPCs whose outstanding work contributes to creating a sound and dynamic U.S. real estate market and fostering vibrant communities. These FPCs are selected through a rigorous selection process that includes the states and national leadership, and awarded the Meritorious Service Award (MSA) during the REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo in May.
Recipients of the MSA Award meet a rigorous criteria that set them apart from other FPCs. Not only must nominees demonstrate a strong relationship with their assigned Member of Congress and a willingness to educate Capitol Hill on issues most pressing to the real estate industry, candidates MUST also:
- Have served as FPC for a minimum of four consecutive years or eight total years if not consecutively serving.
- Fulfill all job duties as listed on the pledge form.
- Demonstrate effectiveness as the representative of the REALTOR® Party and real estate issues.
- Participate in various political events in the district on behalf of their Member of Congress (i.e., set up meeting for the Member at their local association, etc.)
- Show a history of volunteering for the Member of Congress’ campaign (i.e., host a fundraiser, canvass the neighborhood, make phone calls or donate their office as a phone bank, etc.)
- Make a personal contribution to the Member of Congress, in addition to an RPAC contribution.
- Bonus – RPAC investment history will be reviewed, but is not required to receive the award.
Meritorious Service Award Winners
|2021||Linda Fercodini, FPC for Senator Chris Murphy (CT)
Kevin Sears, FPC for Representative Richie Neal (MA), Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee
|2020||Evelyn Arnold, FPC for Representative Maxine Waters (CA), Chairwoman of the House Financial Services Committee
Mike Gaughan, FPC for Representative John Rose (TN)
|2019||Max M. Gurvitch, FPC for Senator Chuck Schumer and Representative Jerrold Nadler (NY)
Randy Ketive, FPC for Representative Josh GottHeimer (NJ)
|2018||Sharon Keating, FPC for Senator Claire McCaskill (MO)
Larry Edwards, FPC for Senator Thad Cochran (MS)
|2017||Lou Baldwin, FPC for Senator Richard Burr (NC)
John Nichols, FPC for Representative John Culberson (TX)
|2016||Marvin Rubin, FPC for Senator Harry Reid (NV)
Judy Moore, FPC for Massachusetts Congresswoman Katherine Clarke and formerly Senator (now Secretary of State) John Kerry
|2015||Ilene Kessler, FPC for Senator Benjamin Cardin (MD)
Rick Violett, FPC for Representative Gary Miller (CA)
|2014||Ellen Short, FPC for Senator Roger Wicker (MS)
David Wluka, FPC for Senator Elizabeth Warren (MA)
|2013||Fran Davis, FPC for Senators Al Franken and Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Gail Hartnett, FPC for Representative Mike Simpson (ID)
|2012||Richard J. Rosenthal, FPC for Representative Jane Harman (CA)
Gregory S. Herb, FPC for Representative James Gerlach (PA)
|2011||Joan Ballantyne, FPC for Representative Tom Latham (IA)
Darlene B. Breen, FPC for Representative Mike Turner (OH)
|2010||W. James Johnston, FPC for Senator Michael Crapo (ID)
Howard Zielke, FPC for Representative Ralph Hall (TX)
Robert Amore, FPC for Representative Nancy Pelosi (CA), now House Minority Leader
Questions? Contact Victoria Givens at 202-383-1021.