Diversity and Inclusion Grants
The Diversity Program provides funding to state and local REALTOR® Associations to enhance the inclusion of diversity in their leadership and collaborate with local chapters of national multicultural real estate organizations. The Diversity and Inclusion Grants can support state and local association activities in several key target areas. See below for details.All applications must be authorized by the Association’s executive.
LEVEL 1 Grants
Grants of up to $1000 are available for State and local REALTOR® Associations to support events at a local chapter, or participation in a national meeting, of a national multicultural real estate organization (see list below). Level 1 applications are accepted anytime from March 1, 2020, through October 15, 2020. Twenty of these grants will be awarded in 2020 on a first-come first-served basis. A state or local association may be awarded one level one grant in 2020.
LEVEL 2 Grants
Grants of up to $5000 are available for state and local REALTOR® Associations in three categories: enhancing inclusion of diversity in the Association’s leadership, partnering with a local chapter of a national multicultural real estate organization, or working with NAR when invited to participate in a special project related to inclusion of diversity. Level 2 applications are reviewed monthly and are due to NAR by the 15th of the month beginning on March 15, 2020 through September 15, 2020. Associations are limited to one Level 2 grant per year.
NATIONAL MULTICULTURAL REAL ESTATE ORGANIZATIONS
- Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA)
- National Association of Gay and Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP)
- National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP)
- National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB)
GRANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
All grant awards are paid on a reimbursement basis and subject to the following requirements:
- The activity must be completed by the date listed on the application unless NAR is notified and approves the new date.
- The request for reimbursement with proof of expenditure is submitted to NAR within 45 days of the completion date and in no case later than one year after the date the application was approved.
- Proof of expenditure is in the form or receipts, signed contracts or sponsorship agreements, or invoices.
- A grant evaluation form is completed.
OTHER INFORMATION AND HELP
If your association has previously been awarded a Diversity Grant, you may apply to support a new activity or to further develop the activity previously funded.
There are a limited number of grants each year. Please contact Fred Underwood at NAR if any of the following apply:
- If you have special circumstances that prevent you from completing your grant as approved,
- If you need to extend the date of the activity (within one calendar year of the date your grant was approved)
- You are having difficulty obtaining the necessary proof of expenditure for a completed activity.
- You would like help in contacting the local chapter of the national multicultural real estate organization.
Questions? Contact Fred Underwood at 202-383-1132.