Diversity and Inclusion Grants
The Diversity Program provides funding to state and local REALTOR® Associations to enhance the inclusion of diversity in their leadership and collaborate with local chapters of national multicultural real estate organizations. The Diversity and Inclusion Grants can support state and local association activities in several key target areas. Diversity and Inclusion Grants may be used for online and virtual activities. See below for details. All applications must be authorized by the Association’s executive.
LEVEL 1 Grants
Grants of up to $1000 are available for State and local REALTOR® Associations to support events at a local chapter, or participation in a national meeting, of a national multicultural real estate organization (see list below). Level 1 applications are accepted anytime from March 1, 2021 through October 1, 2021. Twenty of these grants will be awarded in 2021 on a first-come first-served basis. A state or local association may be awarded one level one grant in 2021.
LEVEL 2 Grants
NATIONAL MULTICULTURAL REAL ESTATE ORGANIZATIONS
- Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA)
- National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP)
- National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB)
GRANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
All grant awards are paid on a reimbursement basis and subject to the following requirements:
- The activity must be completed by the end of 2021, unless NAR is notified and approves the new date.
- The request for reimbursement with proof of expenditure is submitted to NAR within 45 days of the completion date and in no case later than December 15, 2021.
- Proof of expenditure is in the form or receipts, signed contracts or sponsorship agreements, or invoices.
- A grant evaluation form is completed.
OTHER INFORMATION AND HELP
If your association has previously been awarded a Diversity Grant, you may apply to support a new activity or to further develop the activity previously funded.
There are a limited number of grants each year. Please contact Fred Underwood or Ashley Labanics at NAR if any of the following apply:
- If you have special circumstances that prevent you from completing your grant as approved,
- If you need to extend the date of the activity
- You are having difficulty obtaining the necessary proof of expenditure for a completed activity.
- You would like help in contacting the local chapter of the national multicultural real estate organization.
Questions? Contact Fred Underwood at 202-383-1132 or Ashley Labanics at 312-329-8877, email@example.com.