Diversity and Inclusion Grant
The Diversity Program provides funding to state and local REALTOR® Associations to enhance the inclusion of diversity in their leadership and collaborate with local chapters of national multicultural real estate organizations. The Diversity and Inclusion Grants can support state and local association activities in several key target areas. Diversity and Inclusion Grants may be used for online and virtual activities. See below for details. All applications must be authorized by the Association’s executive.
LEVEL 1 Grants
Grants of up to $1000 are available for State and local REALTOR® Associations to support an association’s local event with the goal of advancing diversity and inclusion within the association. Grants may also be used to collaborate with a local chapter of a national multicultural real estate organization (see list below) on mutually-beneficial diversity and inclusion goals, or to support the attendance of a local REALTOR Association officer or senior staff to attend an national conference of a multicultural real estate organization.
Level 1 applications are accepted anytime from January 1, 2023 through October 1, 2023. Twenty of these grants will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis. A state or local association may be awarded one level one grant in 2023.
LEVEL 2 Grants
Grants of up to $5000 are available for State and local REALTOR® Associations and are designed to increase diversity and inclusion among leadership in the association. Associations may use this grant for discussions or workshops with clear learning outcomes and educational value, planning or activities that help your local association infuse diversity and inclusion in its core work, or to advance diversity and inclusion in strategic planning, assessment and implementation processes. Applications are also encouraged that are mutually beneficial and pursed in partnership with a local chapter or board of a national Multicultural real estate organization (see list below)
Level 2 applications are accepted anytime from February 1, 2023 through October 1, 2023. These grants will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis. A state or local association may be awarded one level two grant in 2023.
NATIONAL MULTICULTURAL REAL ESTATE ORGANIZATIONS
- Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA)
- National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP)
- National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB)
- LGBTQ+ Real Estate Alliance (The Alliance)
GRANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
All grant awards are paid on a reimbursement basis and subject to the following requirements:
- The activity must be completed by the end of 2023, unless NAR is notified and approves the new date.
- The request for reimbursement with proof of expenditure is submitted to NAR within 45 days of the completion date and in no case later than December 15, 2023.
- Proof of expenditure is in the form or receipts, signed contracts or sponsorship agreements, or invoices.
- A grant evaluation form is completed.
OTHER INFORMATION AND HELP
If your association has previously been awarded a Diversity Grant, you may apply to support a new activity or to further develop the activity previously funded.
There are a limited number of grants each year. Please contact Ryan Davis at NAR if any of the following apply:
- If you have special circumstances that prevent you from completing your grant as approved.
- If you need to extend the date of the activity.
- You are having difficulty obtaining the necessary proof of expenditure for a completed activity.
- You would like help in contacting the local chapter of the national multicultural real estate organization.
Questions? Contact Ryan Davis, email@example.com.