A community functions best with homes for all incomes, jobs, schools, open space, desirable destinations and services, and different ways to reach them—by foot, bicycle, public transit, or automobile. But a well-functioning doesn’t happen by accident. It takes knowledge of the process cities use to create a vision for their future and the nuts-and-bolts of implementation.
Sponsored by REALTOR® Associations, the Planning & Zoning Resource: Advocating for your Community’s Future class is a six-hour course that teaches REALTORS®:
- The basic process of community planning and zoning.
- State-of-the-art community planning concepts that they can apply.
- How to get their community to live up to its potential.
- What is needed to make their community a better place to live and do business.
- The value and benefits of smart growth neighborhoods to homebuyers and communities.
- How they can help make smart growth possible.
Interested in sponsoring a class? Apply for the Smart Growth Action Grant to get up to $3,000 to cover the hosting fees.
Questions about hosting the class, finding an instructor, or any other questions?
Contact: Dawn Headtke
Director, Business and Instructor Development | Center for REALTOR® Development
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® | 430 N Michigan Ave | Chicago, IL 60611
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Office: 312-329-8488