The Broker Engagement Grant allows local and state associations to create Broker activities which align with the Broker Engagement Committee’s and Broker Engagement Council’s purpose: increase broker engagement, representation and feedback regarding NAR’s programs, services and strategic priorities. State and local associations may apply for a grant of up to $5,000 for broker engagement purposes annually.
Grant applications are reviewed and approved by the Chairs and Vice Chairs of the Broker Engagement Committee and the Broker Engagement Council. The grant review committee is looking to see how much time is devoted to brokers; how many brokers and agents will be touched by the event; the follow-up plan; and how the event ties into the criteria of Broker recruitment, retention, education and engagement. Examples of what a grant could fund would include but are not limited to:
- Broker Event or Presentation: State or local summit or meeting, legislative roundtables, recruitment contest, etc.
- Marketing Materials: Produce and distribute engagement materials so brokers and their agents are informed on local, state and federal issues (i.e. newsletter, video, DVD)
- Broker messaging for new member orientation
- Application due dates for 2020: March 15, June 15, September 15
- Maximum Number of Grants per Association (state or local) per Year: 1
- Expiration of funds: Offer to fund proposed project expires one year from date of award approval if the proposed project has not been initiated.
- Reimbursement Details: Funds will be awarded through following NAR reimbursement processes.
Questions? Contact Penelope Evans at 312-329-8267