Today’s neighborhoods—challenged by declining housing stock and affordability, natural disasters and commercial disinvestment – need comprehensive, expert and action-oriented solutions.
- Does your community need help with downtown/neighborhood/community revitalization, corridor reimagining, or economic development?
- Are you aware of a publicly owned former retail center, school, hospital, or large vacant parcel in your market that needs an innovative reuse strategy?
- Is your community recovering from a large-scale natural disaster?
Through Transforming Neighborhoods, the National Association of REALTORS® is pleased to collaborate with The Counselors of Real Estate® (CRE) Consulting Corps to provide analysis, strategies and actionable recommendations to solve today’s top-of-mind real estate challenges in partnership with local REALTOR® associations and key public and private stakeholders.
About our Partner
Established in 1953, The Counselors of Real Estate® (CRE), an affiliate of NAR, is an international consortium of credentialed real estate problem solvers who provide expert advice on complex real property and land-related matters. The CRE® Consulting Corps, a public service initiative created by The Counselors of Real Estate®, provides municipalities, local REALTOR® Associations, not-for-profit organizations, educational institutions and government entities answers to real estate problems which ultimately enhance the performance of a property or series of properties.
About the Services
The Counselors of Real Estate® (CRE) Consulting Corps will provide analysis, strategies and actionable recommendations to solve a wide range of today’s most pressing real estate challenges, such as addressing housing gaps, igniting residential and commercial redevelopment, and rebuilding after a natural disaster. The project must be referred by a local REALTOR® associations in collaboration with key public and private stakeholders, and recommendations will incorporate market realities, financial structuring, development options, and portfolio assistance.
While each engagement is tailored to the needs identified by the local REALTOR® association applicant, it is important to note three critical points:
- Each engagement requires active participation and support of the local REALTOR® Association (identify stakeholders, introduce stakeholders to the project, schedule stakeholder meetings, provide/arrange on-site tour);
- Each engagement requires the active participation and support of local governmental staff and officials (identify stakeholders,participate in stakeholder meeting, provide relevant data);
- Observations and recommendations offered will be based on the CRE® Consulting Corps’ independent, unbiased assessment of what it perceives is needed given the unique challenges facing the particular community.
Application Requirements and Selection Process
CRE Consulting Corps Projects with Local REALTOR Associations
REALTORS® Association of Westmoreland, Indiana and Mon Valley
Analyzed the market and provided strategic guidance for unused or underutilized property in downtown Greensburg to assist the City of Greensburg in spurring revitalization and increased activity downtown.
CRE® Consulting Corps: Rebuilding Paradise on behalf of the Paradise Association of REALTORS®
Recommendations focus on immediate action steps, within the next three to five years, to rebuild Paradise’s housing stock and commercial properties and services that were lost in the wildfire.
The Counselors of Real Estate enriched community engagement by shifting the focus to the possibilities of what downtown Greensburg can become. Having an outside group facilitate the conversations helped the community to see Greensburg through a new set of eyes and understand the blueprint for how to achieve revitalization.Justin Capouellez, Field Representative, REALTORS® Association of Westmoreland, Indiana and Mon Valley
I kept hearing about all the problems [preventing rebuilding]…This powerhouse of brilliant people who can process the information objectively is helping us get out of our own way. This has far exceeded my expectations.Aubrey Pruis, Association Executive, Paradise Association of REALTORS®