Federal Political Coordinator Program
Every member of Congress is assigned a REALTOR® called a Federal Political Coordinator or FPC. FPCs are a specially selected group of 535 REALTORS® who are the voice and the face of real estate to our federal lawmakers, playing a pivotal role in REALTOR® Party Outreach.
In addition to regular contact with the assigned Member of Congress, there are several specific tasks that are required to fulfill the role of FPC.
- Respond to all NAR Calls for Action.
- Advocate on behalf of all REALTORS® and the REALTOR® Party.
- Contact their assigned member of Congress at least once per quarter and submit a field report.
- Participate in in-person or online training as required.
- Use and deliver all RPAC investments in a timely manner.*
- Attend each annual REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo in Washington, D.C.
- Develop a Contact Team (see FPC Contact Team Toolkit).
- Support Only Their Assigned Member of Congress.**
- Sign and return the FPC Pledge Form to NAR.
Check out the FPC Resources page for more information.
Travel Stipend Reimbursement Policy
NAR offers a stipend to FPCs from each state (one FPC per Congressman or Senator) to attend the REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo. The stipend remains up to $1,000 per FPC, which is intended to help defray the costs incurred to travel to Washington, D.C., for these meetings.
Any FPC not otherwise reimbursed by their state or local association (for example: member of the Board of Directors or Leadership) to attend the REALTORS® Legislative Meetings is eligible to apply for the stipend. To be reimbursed FPCs, following state reimbursement rules, should file their expense report with the state immediately after the conference. States then should submit one invoice to NAR for the entire state FPC delegation (one FPC per Congressman or Senator) that attended the meetings and are requesting the stipend.
The invoice should list the name of each FPC requesting assistance, and the amount being requested for each FPC. Invoices should be submitted to NAR by July 1. Please email your invoice to email@example.com. Sending invoices elsewhere will cause a delay in reimbursement.
Questions? Contact Victoria Givens at 202-383-1021.
*FPCs are also encouraged to make a voluntary contribution to RPAC, as a tangible, credible sign of their commitment to NAR’s legislative objectives and their understanding of RPAC’s importance in achieving those goals.
**FPCs may not engage in activities that support or can be perceived as supporting their Member’s opponent, including but not limited to contributing to the opponent’s campaign. Such activities may be the basis for considering terminating the FPC’s appointment.