The REALTOR® Party is introducing Issue Spotlights, actionable advocacy digests with real-life examples from state and local associations on pressing policy issues.
NAR is tracking the potential impacts of various state legislation banning foreign buyers from purchasing real estate. While the language used in state bills is wide-ranging, with differences in who is covered and what types of properties are included, the concern among REALTORS® is consistent. Many of these laws are silent as to liability for those facilitating a transaction, like REALTORS®, and because these laws are new and untested, it is difficult to predict how, and against whom, they will be enforced.
Read the Issue Spotlight to learn more about the legislative landscape and how REALTOR® associations are advocating for members.
Watch a webinar (July 2023) hosted by NAR’s State and Local Issues Policy Committee featuring the following guests:
- Matt Christopherson, Senior Research Analyst, National Association of REALTORS®
- Debo Adegbile, Partner, WilmerHale
- Matthew Ferraro, Counsel, WilmerHale
- Julia Parenteau, Director of Public Policy, Texas REALTORS®
- Jeff Ledford, Chief Advocacy Officer, Georgia REALTORS®