Smart Growth Grant – Level 3A
As with the Level 2 grants, the Level 3 Smart Growth Grants funds activities to engage in local land-use, growth and transportation issues with other stakeholders and elected officials which will have an impact on policies.
The Level 3 grant was developed to support more a more comprehensive initiative, demonstrates a commitment to have a positive impact on a community, and involve multiple partners and/or stakeholders.
Types of activities funded include:
- Downtown Mainstreet Assessments
- Walkable Community Workshops
- Better Block
- Fiscal Impact Land Use Analyses – such as provided by Urban-3
- Other activities considered on a case-by-case basis
Requirements & Criteria – Also see the FAQs which addresses all 3 grant levels.
- Grant Amount: up to $10,000 if all criteria met.
- Number/Year: A maximum of one Level 3 grant is awarded per year per association.
- Deadline: October 15. A decision will be made within 10 working days provided all the criteria is met.
- Funds must be used and reimbursement requested by the end of 2021.
- Evaluation Form: after completion of activity, evaluation form needs to be submitted.
- Includes a plan of action to use the outcomes of the activity in an advocacy effort.
- Applications will not be considered for events that have already taken place or for activities completed prior to submission of application.
- Associations need to partner with at least one non-REALTOR® organization (e.g. nonprofit or government agency, etc.).
- Activities should be comprehensive and have a broad community reach.
- An association, and/or its members, need to be engaged in the project activities.
- Activity enhances the growth and development of a community.
- Activity enables efforts to address concerns with, and enhancement to, current public policy.
LEVEL 3 SMART GROWTH GRANT APPLICATION – Contact Christine Windle email@example.com , 202-383-1135 to determine if the activity qualifies for a grant.