Major Investor Event Program Guidelines
- A reception format is preferred and allows more time to engage each guest.
- Set a goal per attendee.
- Food/drink costs should be around $50 per person including tax and gratuity! NAR cannot reimburse costs above the hard limit of $65/head.
- Send a thank-you email to everyone you invited and recognize your new investors.
Schedule The Event
- Apply with several potential dates in mind before booking a venue – if your preferred date is not available NAR cannot fund the event. Please keep in mind that some months book up early so it is best to contact NAR early in the year to secure your preferred date. After your event date is approved by NAR make sure you have 6-8 weeks to execute your event.
- Each NAR-funded Major Investor Event must include an ASK by an NAR Representative to invest in the current recognition year, so it’s important to submit your application at least 6-8 weeks in advance.
- Please refer to the list below of available 2019 RPAC Speakers to complete your application. Specific requests are subject to speaker availability.
- Sara Lipnitz, 2019 RPAC Fundraising Trustees Committee Chair
- Kitty Wallace, 2019 RPAC Major Investor Council Chair
- Pam Ruggeroli, 2019 RPAC Participation Council Chair
- Discuss venues/menus/budget with NAR staff and make a reservation.
- Identify and recruit up to 4 hosts who will make calls to “enroll” prospects.
Event Investment Set Up and Tracking
- Once your event date is approved, you will create an event page through the PAC Management System. This allows you to track all investments in one place and when the event is linked to online investment forms, you can see, in real time, to view all investments and reoccurring investments taken at the fundraiser.
- Please refer to the Major Investor Event Process Guide for step-by-step instructions in creating your event page.
- Send the event page name to your state association, and ask your state association to create online investment forms. You can also request access to the REALTOR® Association Mobile Processer (RAMP) which allows you to take credit card investments via your mobile device. Your state association can refer to the Major Investor Event Process Guide for step-by-step instructions on creating investment forms.
- Your state association will send you links to the online investment forms that will be used to take credit card investments at the event. When members make an investment, investment information will automatically be added to the event page you created in the PAC Management System.
- To be eligible for reimbursement, the attendees, and any additional investments must be uploaded and linked to the event in the PAC Management System. For additional instructions in creating lists, please refer to the Major Investor Event Process Guide for adding attendees to events.
- Only events pre-approved by NAR are eligible for reimbursement.
- Associations/entities are eligible for reimbursement up to $65/head with supporting receipts
- Complete the Major Investor Event Reimbursement Form and submit confirmation with attached receipts, to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 30 days after the event.
- Once the conditions of reimbursement have been met, associations/entities can expect to receive a reimbursement check in 3-5 weeks.
*In the case of cash or check contributions, which are sent to the state associations and processed separately, please provide the name of the event to the State, to ensure that the monies are allocated appropriately.*
Target Your Attendees
- Consider broker and 5 top producers from each of the top 10 firms in your area.
- Current and lapsed Major Investors and board leadership who are potential Major Investors.
- 90-130 targets will typically yield 30-45 attendees (ideal event size).
Invite/Enroll Your Targets
- Personal calls from the hosts are most effective.
- Be up front about RPAC expectations. Create excitement for this exclusive event.
- Send a personal email note and make a follow-up call to confirm they will attend.
Ask At The Event
- Recognize hosts and Major Investors then introduce NAR Representative for a brief presentation.
- The Host or designee makes the “ask” for the current recognition year. Plant NEW investors to recognize.
- Secure a commitment from each attendee. When possible, take the investment via the online investment form or from RAMP (using your mobile device).
Agenda For The Event
- Drinks and casual conversation as guests arrive
- Welcome and introductions by the host or hosts
- Brief Legislative Update: The NAR Rep will present a legislative update on issues at the federal level. Additionally, most associations ask their state and local Government Affairs Representatives to give updates. Local REALTOR® leadership is also encouraged to participate and share why they are involved in RPAC.
- Challenge to invest (The “Ask”) is made by the approved NAR Representative.
- Investments are collected and new Major Investors are recognized.