Each April, REALTORS® observe the anniversary of the passage of the Fair Housing Act with events featuring speakers, training, and fellowship as we educate ourselves about the past and recommit to expanding equal housing opportunity in the future. This year, as public events shut down to slow the spread of coronavirus, we find ourselves in uncharted territory. NAR and our state and local associations are stepping up in these unprecedented circumstances to provide members with information and tools to bring Fair Housing Month home while we practice social distancing.
In the coming week, NAR will roll out a Fair Housing Month toolkit tailored to observe the occasion from home. The toolkit, which will be made available on Realtor Party, will include:
- A message you can send to members, customizing with your association’s recommended Fair Housing Month @ Home activity
- A list of recommended Fair Housing Month activities and resources you can sponsor for members to access from home, including book, movie and podcast recommendations, websites and articles to peruse, and options for online training
- A Fair Housing Month declaration for your local elected body
- 2020 Fair Housing Month Poster
- 2020 Fair Housing Month Letterhead, PowerPoint Template, Digital Banners and Social Icons
- Fair Housing Facts that you can promote on social media throughout April
Fair Housing grants are available to host online events or fund other Fair Housing Month @ Home activities. If you need more information, application deadlines and/or clarification about whether the event meets grant criteria, contact Hugh Morris.
We are moving quickly to adapt to these changed circumstances. Please reach out to Bryan Greene with any questions as we work to get these resources live.