In Washington, Congress faces not one but two government funding deadlines. The first deadline (which includes funding for the Department of Housing and Urban Development) hits on Jan. 19, with the second deadline (including the National Flood Insurance Program) slated two weeks later on Feb. 2. NAR continues to share with lawmakers the importance of extending the NFIP’s authority and ensuring other vital housing programs do not lapse.
Throughout the year, we’ll continue our work on housing inventory and affordability, and we’ll turn our focus to the upcoming tax debate in Congress as numerous provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act are set to expire in 2025.
Of course, 2024 is also an election year, and associations across the country are making plans to use REALTOR® Party resources – from the State and Local Independent Expenditures Program to the Issues Mobilization Program to Candidate Training – to support REALTOR® champions and issues crucial to the industry.
Before we officially turn the page to 2024, let’s review the REALTOR® Party’s accomplishments over the past year:
- The Issues Mobilization Program shattered its previous record for grant approvals by 20 percent. In ballot measures, the pro-REALTOR® position prevailed 75 percent of the time.
- The Consumer Advocacy Outreach Program saw a nearly 30 percent increase in consumer Calls for Action sent by associations, jumping from 300,000 emails sent to consumers in 2022 to more than 1.2 million emails sent in 2023.
- State and local associations used the Advocacy Everywhere Program to issue 81 Calls For Action.
- The Community Outreach Program supported over 360 state and local association initiatives, totaling more than 2 million dollars. This was a remarkable 21 percent increase in funding, and due to demand, the program reached maximum capacity on June 1.
- The State and Local Independent Expenditure Program approved more than 6 million dollars to support REALTOR® champions, leading to 115 wins.
- RPAC reached a 36% participation rate, raising $49.5 million at all three levels of the association.
With your help, we’ll continue this strong momentum. This edition of REALTOR® Party News outlines multiple grants and programs available to boost your association’s advocacy efforts this year. You can always find the latest on all of the resources available to your association in the Vote, Act, Invest Advocacy Resource Guide.
Need inspiration or guidance? Explore our grant toolkits and success stories, showcasing the incredible impact associations have had on their communities. Of course, NAR staff are available to assist you in maximizing these resources.
Together, we’ll make 2024 the REALTOR® Party’s most successful year yet.